Thomas Keller’s Quiche Dough
Thomas Keller’s Quiche Dough
Makes one 9-inch quiche
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Canola oil, for brushing
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, mix 1 cup of the flour with the salt. At low speed, add the butter pieces, a handful at a time. When all of the butter has been added, increase the speed to medium and mix until the butter is completely incorporated. Reduce the speed to low and add the remaining 1 cup of flour just until blended. Mix in the water just until thoroughly incorporated. Flatten the pastry into an 8-inch disk, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Set the ring of a 9-inch springform pan on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving the hinge open. Brush the inside of the ring with oil.
- Dust the pastry on both sides with flour. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry to a 16-inch round, about 3/16 inch thick. Carefully roll the pastry around the rolling pin and transfer to the prepared ring, pressing it into the corners. Trim the overhanging pastry to 1 inch and press it firmly against the outside of the ring. Use the trimmings to fill any cracks. Refrigerate the shell for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line the pastry shell with a 14-inch round of parchment paper; fill the shell with dried beans or rice. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the edge of the dough is lightly browned. Remove the parchment and beans and continue baking the pastry shell for about 15 minutes longer, or until richly browned on the bottom. Transfer the baking sheet to a rack and let the pastry cool. Fill any cracks with the reserved pastry dough.
Thomas Keller’s Mushroom Quiche
Thomas Keller’s Mushroom Quiche Makes one 9-inch quiche Ingredients 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 pound oyster mushrooms, stems trimmed and large caps halved or quartered 1 pound white mushrooms, thinly sliced Salt and freshly ground white pepper 1 ...
Responsible Foraging: Lunch & Learn
Responsible Foraging: Lunch & Learn On April 27th our Graze & Gather Community gathered together for our fourth Lunch & Learn. We learned all about Responsible Foraging from Celeste Smith (Founder of Cultural Seeds & the We Will Plant Lodge), and ...
Salad Greens Lunch & Learn Recording
On March 1st our Graze & Gather Community gathered together for our second Lunch & Learn. We learned all about Salad Greens with four farmers who all practice different growing methods! Michael of ClearWater Farm, Larissa of Littleleaf Farm, Derrik ...
Making the bacon
Today TuckShop Kitchen is sharing how their beloved bacon is made! Have you ever wondered what goes into making bacon? It turns out, there'sa lot more than meets the eye. Jake Taylor, Chef and Co-Owner of TuckShop Kitchen has produced over 10,000lbs ...
Tiffinday Crunch Wrap Recipe
A crunch wrap is made with flatbread, like a tortilla, that is assembled with a variety of toppings. You can select your favourite combination of grilled vegetables, cheeses, sauces, meats and more to get this one going. In fact, everyone in the ...